Arts Angels is a non-profit parent and community organization supporting the arts in Nyack Public Schools. Arts Angels is the liaison between ArtWorks, DramaWorks, and MusicWorks. Our mission includes raising funds for students in the arts. [read more...]
This past fall, Arts Angels received a generous grant from Wells Fargo for the arts programs. Each of the groups – ArtWorks, DramaWorks, & MusicWorks – received an equal share of the $1000 grant. These funds provided a wonderful opportunity for us to support the following activities:
• ArtWorks presented workshops to middle and high school students on printmaking and watercolor. They also held a portfolio workshop for high school students to organize their artwork for college applications and interviews.
• With the grant from Wells Fargo, DramaWorks offered a special workshop on set design for members of the drama crew. Students learned valuable skills while working closely with a professional set designer.
• MusicWorks used the funds to underwrite a scholarship for a private music lessons for a middle school student. They also provided transportation for the high school band to attend a state competition at Hofstra University.
This past year, Arts Angels paid all liability and directors and officers’ insurance for the entire organization, covering all events on and off campus, in addition to:
• funding part of an Arts Council of Rockland photo essay grant in two classes at Nyack Middle School
• donating monies to ArtWorks, DramaWorks, MusicWorks, to help them contribute in their respective interests
This past year, ArtWorks provided funds for the following:
• 1 new Cannon Rebel T4i digital camera and 11 powershot cameras
• 8 used Pentax cameras for high school students taking photography classes but unable to afford 35mm cameras
• printmaking workshop series with Sean Sweeney at Nyack High School
• photo workshop series and exhibition at Nyack Middle School
• workshop for k-12 teacher on staff development day
This past year, Drama Works gave:
• fundraising assistance for the large-scale middle school production of Hairspray
• funds directly to each of the elementary schools for their drama programs
• scholarships to eight different high school students
This past year, MusicWorks funded:
• scholarships for high school and middle school student lessons
• a professional recording of the high school music concerts, uploaded to iTunes
• scholarships for music trips to Washington, DC and Lincoln Center
• clinics for all high school music groups
In addition, The Sean Ryan Music Fund donated over $6000 for purchasing new instruments. The Selles Fund donated $10,000 for scholarships, workshops, and to offset the cost of drama productions.
Thank you for your generous contributions for the past year! With your support, we look forward to helping all our arts students in new and exciting ways in this coming year as well!
Steal this… Benefit
Arts Angels & Rivertown Film are teaming up to present ABBIE: The Story of Abbie Hoffman, a one-man multi-media live performance based on the counter-culture writings of Abbie Hoffman. The performance will be on Jan 20th, 8:00pm.
Alec Baldwin In Conversation with Elliott Forrest
Lower Hudson Valley Youth Chorus
For the 2nd year in a row, Arts Angels was featured as one of the choice charitable organizations on Nyack News & Views: A 2011 Worthy Cause List